While we pride ourselves on keeping your vehicle safe for extended periods of time when you leave it with FLL Park Safe, we still love to offer tips for happy traveling! Here are a few things to take care of before parking your car long-term that will make your return a pleasant one.
1. Remove your valuables. Though our lot is staffed with security 24/7, it never hurts to remove any and all temptation from your vehicle. Do not leave any valuables in your car when leaving it unattended. Generally, this is a good rule of thumb to have under any circumstances, no matter how brief your vacation or business trip may be.
2. Remove all trash. So you’re guilty of treating your car like a dumpster; it happens to the best of us! Even so, be sure to clean your vehicle out before parking long-term at FLL Park Safe. It’s never appealing to come back after weeks of vacation to a car that reeks of that rancid Chinese food you accidentally left in the back seat.
3. Bring windshield-cleaning supplies. If you’re leaving your vehicle parked for a while, chances are it’ll get dirty. For those leaving their car in a cold climate during the winter, cleaning supplies may include an ice scraper stored in the glove compartment. For individuals leaving their vehicle in a more dry and dusty environment, consider leaving Windex and paper towels in your trunk. Leaving your car equipped with windshield cleaners will allow you to embark on your journey home with good visibility!
4. Fill your tires. It’s always a good idea to check your tire pressure before leaving your car parked with us, since stationary tires can flatten over time.
5. Top off the tank to keep the seals from drying out and to prevent condensation from occurring inside the fuel tank. It won’t hurt to top off the tank if you are only leaving your vehicle with us for a couple of weeks, but it is highly recommended for cars that will be parked for 30 days or more.
By following these tips and more, you reduce the risk of running into problems with your vehicle when you are tired, hungry, and ready to get back to your own bed.
Need somewhere safe to park your car while you travel? Contact FLL Park Safe today!